- Login to your Customer Control Panel. 3
- In the Menu, point to Domains -> Domain Registration and then click Transfer.
Now, enter the domain name you wish to Transfer and the Domain (Transfer) Secret.
- In case of .CC, .TV domain names, you may provide a Transfer Secret/Authorization Code if the domain name has a Transfer Secret/Authorization Code set at the Current Registrar. Else, you may leave the Transfer Secret field blank.
- In case of a .WS domain name, you may provide a Transfer Secret/Authorization Code if the domain name has a Transfer Secret/Authorization Code set at the Current Registrar. Otherwise, you may leave the Transfer Secret field blank.
- Select the various Contacts (Registrant, Admin, Technical & Billing Contact) for this domain name. You may select from the available list of Contacts or Add a New Contact. Note In case of a .NZ domain name, you need to select only the Registrant Contact, since a .NZ domain name has only a Registrant Contact associated with it.
- You may choose to enable Privacy Protection for your domain name by selecting the Privacy Protection check box. Additional Information Privacy Protection
- Next, select the check box to agree to the associated Product Agreement(s). Note This is a mandatory action.
- Proceed with the Payment of the Invoice. Additional Information Paying for an Invoice
- After you have placed the Transfer Order, the Administrative Contact for the domain name will receive an e-mail from DotSiam for the Transfer Authorization process, which needs to be approved within 5 days. Note If the Administrative Contact does not approve the Transfer within 5 days, it is assumed that the Admin Contact does not wish for the Transfer to complete and the Order is deleted in our system.
- Once the mail has been approved by the Administrative Contact, the Current Registrar will be notified regarding the same. The Current Registrar will send an e-mail to the Registrant and/or the Administrative Contact of the concerned domain name to confirm that they wish to Transfer their domain name. If the Transfer is not denied by either the Registrant or the Administrative Contact or the Current Registrar, the domain name will be Transferred to you under DotSiam in the next 5 days.
- Upon initiating a Transfer request, our system would display the Status of the Transfer Order in the Order Details view of the domain name, until the Transfer completes or fails. Additional Information Status of a Domain Name (except .EU and .UK) under Transfer
- If for any reason you wish to fail a domain name Transfer (excluding .NZ), you may do so from within the Order Details view. Additional Information Canceling a domain name Transfer
- Transfer of a domain name (except .UK) will result in a 1 year Renewal of the domain name. Additional Information Situation in which the Registration term doesn't get extended upon Transfer
- Once a domain name (except .NZ) is transferred to DotSiam from another Registrar, the system would automatically enable Theft Protection for it. Additional Information Domain Theft Protection
- Once a domain name having an associated Domain (Transfer) Secret is transferred to DotSiam from another Registrar, the system would set a new Domain (Transfer) Secret for such a domain name. This process is implemented from a security perspective. Additional Information Locating and modifying the Domain (Transfer) Secret for your domain name (except .EU and .UK)
- Transfer of a .NZ domain name does not involve seeking approval by the Registrant Contact through email/FAX. Once a Transfer request is initiated, the .NZ Registry authenticates the Transfer through the provided Unique Domain Authentication ID (UDAI) and completes the Transfer instantly. The Transfer of a .NZ domain name will result in generation of a new Unique Domain Authentication ID (UDAI). This process is implemented from a security perspective. Additional Information Locating and modifying the UDAI for your .NZ domain name