To configure your email account in Windows Mail, follow the steps described below -
- Start Windows Mail. On the Tools menu, click Accounts...
- In the Accounts window, click Add...
- Select the Account Type as E-mail Account and click Next.
- Enter your complete email address of the type firstname.lastname@example.org, your Password and Display Name as the name you want others to see when you send them a message.
- Select the check box adjacent to Manually configure server settings for e-mail account and then click Next.
- Select an incoming mail server as either POP3 / IMAP
- Incoming server: You can obtain this information from your webmail interface by logging in at the URL of the form http://webmail.yourdomainname.com and going to Settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings
- Login ID: Enter your email address (for example: email@example.com) as the Login ID.
- Outgoing server: Specify your outgoing mail server as the one mentioned in the web-based mail interface at http://webmail.yourdomainname.com under Settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings .
- Select the checkbox adjacent to My outgoing server requires authentication, click Next and then Finish.
Your account is now configured to send and receive mails.