Follow the steps detailed below to use Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 to send/receive emails from your Email account.
- Start Outlook Express 6.0. On the Tools menu, click Accounts...
- In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add, and then click Mail...
- In the Display name box, type the name that you would like others to see when you send a message and then click Next.
- In the E-mail address box, type the email address for the account that you are using (for example, email@example.com) and then click Next.
- Under E-mail Server Names, click the appropriate incoming e-mail server type POP3/IMAP (Post Office Protocol version 3 [POP3] is the default type)
- Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server: Login to the web-based mail interface which will be at a URL of the form http://webmail.yourdomainname.com and go to Settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings to get this information.
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: Specify your outgoing mail server as the one mentioned in your web-based mail interface at http://webmail.yourdomainname.com under Settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings . Once this is done, click Next.
- Now, type your complete email address and password in the respective fields and click Next.
- The following window will display the success message - Congratulations, you have successfully entered all of the information required to set up your account. To save these settings, click Finish.
- Open the Internet Accounts dialog box referring to steps 1 and 2. In the Mail view, you will see the Account you have just added. Now you need to click Properties.
- Under the Servers tab, you need to check the checkbox My server requires authentication placed under Outgoing Mail Server. Once this is done, click Apply.
Your setup is complete. When you click on the Send/Receive button, your email will be downloaded by Outlook Express.