In order to send and receive email using Mozilla Thunderbird, you need to setup your account as described below -
- Start Thunderbird, go to the File menu and click New -> Account
- In the Account Wizard dialog box, select Email account and then click Next
- Enter your name as you would like it to appear for any mail that you send, and your complete email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select the type of incoming server you are using as either POP / IMAP.
- Login to your Webmail account. To access your Webmail interface, you can use the URL of the form http://webmail.yourdomainname.com. Here, you would need to login with your email address and the corresponding password. Go to Settings >> Forwarding and POP / IMAP Settings to obtain the corresponding incoming server name. Enter the Incoming Mail Server name and the Outgoing Server name in the corresponding boxes and click Next.
- Enter your full email address as the Incoming User Name and your Outgoing User Name and click Next
- In the Account Name box, you can enter any name that would help you identify this mailbox and click Next.
- Verify your account information and click Finish.
Thats it, your account has been setup! When you click on Get Mail, all your email will be downloaded by Thunderbird.